Thursday, January 7, 2010

Valentine's Fun...and a Digi Day!!

Good morning Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stampers!! Thursdays are always an exciting day here, as they mark the release of new Digital Stamps!! Today of course, is no exception. There are two fantastic images available for purchase: A Note For You and All My Heart!! Now is the time to start making those Valentine's Day cards!

We also have some extra fun this week for you!! It's SWEET 'N SASSY DIGI DAY over on SNR!! You know what that means, right?? A challenge, prizes and some great conversation! You don't want to miss out on this, trust me! For playing along with the challenge, you will earn yourself the digital stamp "Sweet as Hunny". Can we sweeten the pot?? There will also be an early bird image available to those who are prompt in finishing their challenge project...and this is a yet to be released image, called Blowing Kisses Teddy!! Head on over to our group there for the details!

So, on to my card for this week! As I mentioned earlier, the new digis for today are "A Note for You" and "All My Heart". I decided to combine both releases in one project. While both the images have accompanying sentiments, the ones used on both the front and the inside of this card are from "Valentine's Sentiments".

The front of my card features one image from "All My Heart" (there is also another heart in this set!). I just love the pretty flowers and wings on this image. As always, I coloured the digital image with Copic markers. The wings were given a coat of Stardust Stickles, and I adhered little rhinestones in the centre of each flower.



Ok confession time!! I rarely remember to decorate the inside of my cards, however I wanted to include this adorable koala bear on my project! This Digi Stamp is called "A Note for You". He too was coloured with Copic markers. The little heart gems I used on this card were a bargain find at my local dollar store!!



Ok...time to pick up some new images at the Sweet 'n Sassy Store, and then head over to SNR for the Digi Day fun! I know some of the other DT members will have some projects to get you inspired! I'll be popping by there later (after work!), to say hello. Hope to "see" you all there!

Have a wonderful day!

God Bless!

Melanie

6 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! I love your coloring and I love how you incorporated the digis together! The Koala on the inside is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, I love how you colored both the heart and the Koala. And like Sandy said, great idea to incorporate both the digis.

    And the little hearts add such a nice touch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Melanie!! I love how you used both of this week's digis on your card. Your coloring just amazes me anew everytime I see it, and I love the look of the stitching on this. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME job Melanie!! LOVE this whole thing, inside and out. You sure have a GIFT for coloring animals with their shading and touches of FUR to them--you always are so inspiring!! SNSDS is sure LUCKY to have YOU on their team *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just so very pretty! I love that shade of green paper you have chosen. it sets off the pinks so well! and gosh, I wanna hug and squeeze your little koala!! he is precious as all get out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend, you just rock! I am so loving this card!! I want to know the secret to that perfect bow!!! WOW, it is PERRRFECT! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete