Thursday, January 14, 2010

Of All The Fishies In The Sea...

Good morning!! Today, I have two cards featuring the brand new Digis for today: "Pucker Up" and "Blowing Kisses"! These are available now over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Store!!

First up, is this cute little fish bowl is illustrated by Leah Cornelis...what a super sweet image! I played around a bit with "Pucker Up" and decided to make a window card. I cut around the fish bowl to use it as a template for my acetate window. I made sure to place the fish and the gravel so that they would show through the window exactly as seen on the original image.


Now, before you take a peek at the inside, I need to ask you to tilt your head a little to the left...more....more...ok, that should do it!! Why?? Well, I noticed after everything was stuck down, that it's all a little off-kilter. :( Now normally, I can tease layers off with some thread...however, I had just run out of my usual adhesive. Since this card was going to be quite thick and heavy, I decided to use my Glossy Accents to adhere everything...very permanently. These papers were NOT budging. So, please humour me and just "pretend" that everything is straight, ok?? lol ( a very wise friend once told me that things being a little crooked is just proof that something is handmade with love...after all, nobody is perfect right?? hee hee)

So, for the inside of my card, I cut a square of Neenah cardstock, and drew in a bit more gravel to fit this square. I coloured in the water and the plants with Copic markers. The fish were also coloured with Copic markers, coated with Stardust Stickles and pop dotted for dimension. I found this great package of coloured glass beads at my local dollar store, and used them for the little pebbles at the bottom of the fish bowl! Finally, I used some more of those great heart rhinestones (also from the dollar store) as the heart bubbles that Leah drew in this image.


"Blowing Kisses" was drawn by Deedee Anderson. This is such a sweet little bear! For the fur, I used layers of feather strokes done with Copic markers. I opted for a shaped card this time and used my Nesties Labels 8 for the cardbase and DP layers. Since I had cut the teddy bear out, I needed to draw in the "kisses" that Teddy is blowing. I also used Frosted Lace Stickles on these "kisses". The sentiment is part of the "Blowing Kisses" set.





I hope you all have a wonderful day! Make sure to head on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy store to pick up this week's digis!

God bless,

Melanie


Digital Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy "Pucker Up", "Blowing Kisses Teddy" (with included sentiments)
Paper: Neenah, My Mind's Eye, Bazzill cardstock
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: Glass beads and heart rhinestones from the dollar store, WRMK brads, Prima Hydrangeas, Dew Drops, Stickles
Tools: Nestabilities Labels 8

8 comments:

  1. Cooool cards Melanie - great idea to use the little glass beads on your fishie card, and your shading on the teddy is totally fabulous .... will you nip across the pond and give me a few colouring lessons!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job on both of these cards! So much detail and thought into shapes and sparkly and embellishements! The fish card is really neat! I love how you get one effect from the outside and you open it and the neat sentiment pulls it all together! The bears fur is incredible! and I love the shape of the card! Wow, Lynne above has it right...we are going to have to take lessons. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bear looks REAL! You did such a great job coloring him!! And for that fish card, WOW! That is so awesome!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is amazing! I love the design and the coloring of this bear!!

    The fish are stunning too and so much details and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm speechless. I know I'm sounding redundant, lol. Absolutely totally gorgeous!!!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two FANTASTIC cards, Melanie. I am continually astounded by the intricate details you put into each of your cards. The fish card is so fun with all the different sparkles and jewels, and the way you colored the bear is just incredible. Wow, wow, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all the other comments, just fabulous on both the cards!! LOVE what you did with the fishes and your coloring is amazing on the bear:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A-DOR-A-BLE!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE 'EM BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete