Friday, January 29, 2010

Kate & Lizzy and Friend

Yesterday Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps released new digital stamps and I so wished I had more time to color all of the new digital stamps up to share with you today. However, for today I was able to finish two cards - yeah me :-).



When I first saw Kate & Lizzy I knew immediately that I had to add them to my digi stamp collection. They remind me of Emma and Gracy. I'm sure that it's no surprise that I would pick these Sisters to feature here today :-).

For once I actually picked the DP, cardstock, flowers first and then colored the image. I even put the card together first which was (for once) super easy since I followed Korin's sketch. Korin is the guest host at SCS Sketch Challenge, filling in for Cindy Coutts.

I used papers from the Magnolia line from My Minds Eye and colored Kate & Lizzy with Copics. The flower petals are left over and came from my scrap bin as did the ribbon. (I'm so excited that I'm actually using up these left overs.) I kind of had to use the flower petals to hide a die-cutting mistake which left me wondering where to put the sentiment. I know I could have put it on the inside, but thought it added a nice touch right on top of the petals. Something a little different than your button or brad, don't you think?

My next card features the cutest, sweetest little mouse. It's Cupcake Cocoa.





And guess what, for this card I followed the sketch from The Sweet Stop! I'm on a roll, lol!!!
Nothing fancy, just copics for coloring Cocoa and the cupcake, left over striped DP from my previous project and some red polka dot paper from DCWV. The flowers are from Prisma.

If you haven't visited Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps to see all the new releases, make sure you stop by..... you'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

  1. Micki, these are beautiful! Your colouring is just GORGEOUS!! I love the flowers you have used on both these cards. What a great idea to stick the sentiment there...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so vibrant and cheerful, Micki!! Beautiful coloring, and I love the fun flowers you used on both of them. The greeting looks perfect sitting right over the top of the flower on the Kate & Lizzie card. Aren't sketches fun? They make the whole process so much easier, and it's always great to see the way different people will use the same sketch.

    ReplyDelete