Friday, January 22, 2010

Someday.....

Good Friday morning Digi Stampers!

Yesterday was digi day at Papercraft Planet and let me tell you, I had fun. I was a little nervous at first, but everyone on the DT came to my rescue when I needed it. We had fun and the cards.... wow.... you ladies amaze me.

It was so much fun to showcase cards featuring yesterday's newly released digital stamps. You did stop by the Sweet 'n Sassy store to check out the latest releases, right? If you haven't yet, better go, no scratch that, better run to the store to check out "Fenton, the Frog" or "Heart Princess". Oh, and the sentiments..... love sentiments because I'm never clever enough to come up with a sentiment on my own.

I had so much fun with Leah's "Heart Princess" and Korin's "Fenton, the Frog" and actually created a seperate card with each image, but had so much fun yesterday that I promptly shared both cards at our Digi Day at Sweet 'n Sassy's PCP group. So I created this card last night:



Not only did I use "Fenton, the Frog", the beautiful "Heart Princess", I also used the reeds from "Flying By". All are colored with copics and cut out using a craft knife. I almost always will take a dark gray marker and go around the cut edges of the image. That helps to blend the edges in, especially if it's thicker card stock. I'm not sure if the papers work but decided to just 'go with it' and used designer paper from My Mind's Eye, Wild Asparagus line.

I used foam pop dots to add a little dimension. Here's a close up.


I used a sentiment from "Princess Seeks Frog" set, which I layered onto some DP scraps and adhered to the inside of the card:




Not too bad of a card considering that I really should have been in bed instead of at the craft table. But then again, with these awesome digital stamps, there is no such thing as a bad card.... because these digi stamps are just too cute~!

Make sure to stop by every day for new inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and don't forget to swing by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. :-)

3 comments:

  1. You were great yesterday Micki!! This card is awesome...love those papers! The colours you chose for the image are fantastic! Fenton looks ready to hop right off the page!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous Micki! I'm lovin all the dimension in your card!
    Well done on hosting the digi day yesterday - there were some fabulous cards created!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you totally ROCKED yesterday, Micki!!!!! and these cards are fabby-liscious!

    ReplyDelete