Thursday, January 28, 2010

Puppy Love and a Special Delivery

Good morning Sweet 'n Sassy stampers!! I hope you have had a fantastic week. I hope you have been checking in here at the Digi Blog each day so you aren't missing out on any of the DT's posts. These ladies are so talented, and I just love seeing what everybody creates with the Sweet 'n Sassy Digis!!

Today, there are several new images being released!! Since Korin prices her digital stamps at such an incredible price, you can easily pick up each and every new release and still stay within your budget!

I chose to work with two of the new images for today. The first is called Puppy Love. What an adorable little puppy! This cutie comes with two different sentiments, one of which I used here, as well as two small bonus images (a bone and pawprints). I used the little bone from the set to make the background paper that the puppy is mounted on. I distressed all the edges, and antiqued them with Distress Inks. The puppy was coloured with Copic markers. I hand cut the large bone and antiqued that as well. Finally, the puppy was pop-dotted for dimension.




The second image I worked with is Birdie Delivery. I am totally in love with this cute image!! So, I decided that I needed a whole parade of them!! lol Now, I'm not usually successful with a "clean and simple" kind of look, but I thought I'd give it a go. It usually takes me forever to put a card together, so I was quite pleased that this one came together in about twenty minutes (not including the colouring time). As always, I coloured with my handy dandy Copics! I also had this metal embellishment kicking around in my stash...how perfect!! Gotta love it when that happens!


Now, I had coloured the bundles different colours, since the expectant parents might not know whether their little baby is a boy or a girl...but I suppose if you knew a couple expecting quadruplets, then this card could be perfect for them!! lol



All right stampers! Time to head on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy Store to purchase your digis!

Have a blessed day friends!

Melanie

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Digital Stamps "Puppy Love" and "Birdie Delivery"
Ink: Copic markers
Paper: Bazzill, Neenah, Basic Grey, DCWV
Embellishments: Assorted ribbons, dollar store metal embellishment
Tools: Spellbinders, Bow Easy

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh gorgeous cards Melanie!
    I'm definately coming over to visit you, not only for a lesson in colouring, but also to steal some of your delish papers!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH, MELANIE, these are so adorable!! I just love that birdie and that puppy reminds me of my own dog! SO CUTE! You are one talented gal! So happy to see your work every single time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wow Melanie. I love the puppy but what you did with the birdie image ..... totally love it.

    Oh I totally agree with Nicole...and if Lynne is coming for lessons, I am too :-).. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is just beautiful, Melanie! I love both cards, and I actually have a friend that is the mom of quads!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fantastic cards, Melanie! You colored them perfectly, as always. OK, did somebody say LESSONS? Sign me up, please!!!

    ReplyDelete