Friday, January 8, 2010

A Cuddly Koala and a Heart

Happy Friday everyone! I don't know about you, but I had a lot of fun yesterday at Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Day over on SNR. Everybody created such wonderful cards and more than once I was awestruck at the beautiful creations. Sweet 'n Sassy released 2 new images yesterday; A Note For You and All My Heart and I couldn't wait to play with them.



This cute koala bear was so much fun to color. I have to sheepishly admit that I immediately grabbed the brown copics, only to wonder what color koala bears really are. Regardless, I thought he turned out ok. I used Spellbinders Flor De Lis die and layered the image right on top. I also had an extra Nestabilities label 4 handy which became the 4th layer. To add a little contrast, I added a square dark brown card stock layer to the bottom of the colored image stack and adhered it to the card. The papers on the card base are from The Paper Studio. I added the small red rhinestones in the white space in each corner.

I tend to make cards without a sentiment, depending on the image I choose. That way I can add an appropriate sentiment as I need a card. For this card I added the "koala you my friend" sentiment on the inside of the card.



My second card features one of the hearts from All My Heart:



I used my Quickutz flourish die to add the black flourish which helped to hide another one of my famous "oops" :-) and because I thought it matched the flourishes in the heart. The heart is colored with copics and I used the Heart Embossing Folder from Cuttlebug to emboss the white card stock. Clean and simple.... and quick. This card is a 5x5, but I'm thinking of recreating this as a 3x3 to use as a gift tag and having my oldest granddaughter, Emma help me.

You have got to make sure and stop by the Sweet 'n Sassy store!! The January Release Bundle is now available and you can get the whole release for only $40. Oh, that violin and that cute, cute snowman, and.... Better go check it out, you won't be sorry!

Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what Debi Southard, one of our January Guest Designers has created. I know it will be awe inspiring.

6 comments:

  1. ah, Micki, these are so wonderful! those dies just add so much to each card. that flourish on the second one is phenom! and your coloring is out of this world! :)

    I am just so tickled you are a part of the team over here! makes me smile BIG!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUUUUTE cards Micki - love how you have framed both and your colouring is fabulous!
    Hope you're having a great day!
    Lunne
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job Micki! The coloring on the Koala is perfect...I like him brown! The nesties layered behind him are a wonderful element. The Heart card looks so pretty with the Cuttlebugged background and flourishes! Both are VERY pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Micki!!! You have just blown me away!! These cards are just stunning...fantastic layering on the koala card! The heart card is so very elegant! And your colouring, my dear, is beautiful! I'm sure you'll find many people with be CASEing your cards here today!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, Micki!! Your coloring is just perfection on both of them. I love how you did the layering on the koala card, and the fun flourish on your heart card. Just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micki, these are so awesome!! I used the same scrolly flourish on my Sweet Stop Sketch Blog card for tomorrow!! That is one great die, isn't it?

    I am so impressed with all of your creations, you have such talent!

    ReplyDelete