Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Showers

How are you all enjoying the weather lately? We have had some gorgeous sunny days here in Southwestern Ontario. I've even been able to open my windows and let the fresh air in! Now, we all know that along with spring comes rain. I honestly don't mind the rain...I quite like it! However, I DO NOT like the resulting mud! You see, we have white carpets and a dog. We did not put the white carpets in...they were newly installed when we moved in two years ago. I love the look of them when they are clean, but boy are they hard to keep that way! Poor Kalev...we have to catch him on his way into the house and scrub his feet each time he comes in.

When I saw this cute "Rainy Day Teddy" image available at Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stamps, I knew I needed it!! lol I just love this cute bear in her galoshes! I adore watching kids splash around in the puddles...they're always filled with such joy. I made the sentiment myself on the computer. I think we all need to remember to slow down and enjoy the little things in life...like splashing in the puddles!


I printed "Rainy Day Teddy" off on Neenah cardstock and coloured her up with my Copic markers. The puddle and raindrops were given a coat of Stickles. I paired the image with some fun paper from Bella Press.



I hope you've been checking in with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps frequently as Korin is adding new images regularly! Oh, there are so many to choose from...but thankfully, her prices are so reasonable that you will be able to purchase several! I know she has been adding some fantastic Easter images, so make sure you stop by and pick some up!

Today is also Digi Day at the Sweet 'n Sassy group on SNR. Your hostess today is your's truly! If you head over to the SNR group, you will find a link to our challenge for the day. The challenge will be up and running by 10:00 am EST, with a sample project to get your mojo going! I know some of the other DT members also have projects to share. So, make sure to drop in and say hi!
Have a blessed day friends!

Melanie

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stamps "Rainy Day Teddy" (sentiment is my own)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Paper: Bazzill, Prism, Neenah, Bella Press
Embellishments: Clear Dew Drops, Stickles, machine shitching
Tools: Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals

2 comments:

  1. What fun, Melanie! Love those pink and brown galoshes and the clear dew drops are perfect with this card. Very pretty papers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mel, I love it and how appropriate - the sentiment! I still can't get the fur like you do and I think I definitely need a one on one on the sponging the background, lo.... Adorable!

    ReplyDelete