Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's a Birdie Delivery

Today is our SNR Digi Day and our challenge is For the Birds :). I hope you'll join us and play along for a chance at an adorable new freebie plus everyone who plays by Monday at Midnight EST gets a 25% discount on their next digi order!! The challenge is posted here and here is my card....


This cute little bird has been waiting for me to finish her up and create a card with her and I am happy to say that I finally did :-). This adorable digi stamp "Birdie Delivery" illustrated by Leah Cornelius is available at the Sweet 'n Sassy store for just 99¢. Have I mentioned how cute and adorable this digi stamp is?

For my card design, I once again chose a 'quick and simple' approach.... actually I should call it 'clean and simple'. I love clean lines and lots of white space... minimalistic I guess one could call it (and that is so funny since my craft room is anything but).

After printing "Birdie Delivery" out onto Neenah Solar White super smooth card stock, I colored her using my Copics. I then tried to come back to add some strokes to resemble feathers but didn't do too good of a job. My hands and fingers have been acting up which causes me to go outside the lines. Here's a little trick which you may already know about. I will take a light to mid color gray marker, in this case I used Copic C1, to outline the entire image. By doing this, I 'push' any stray marks of color back inside the lines. And the light gray outline also helps to add some definition and ground the colored image.

I also made my card size 5 x 5 since I have some square envelopes I keep forgetting about. That's the great thing about digital stamps....being able to resize them to the size you want.

Be sure to check out the store for the latest digi stamp releases and if you have not signed up for the newsletter, sign up today!

2 comments:

  1. Micki, this is fantastic! Outlining the image is a great tip...helps make an image pop too! I just love the bright colours of this card...you've put a smile on my face :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little guy is just a special delivery of SUNSHINE! Love how big he is...makes a great focal point.

    ReplyDelete