Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rainbow Jelly Beans

I was sitting around eating gourmet jelly beans (until I was sick!) and enjoying the rainbow of colors. That's when I had one of those "AHA!" moments. What if instead of eating all these jelly beans and gaining 10 lbs., I instead jarred them up and created a rainbow gift to brighten someone's day! The perfect image, Sweet 'n Sassy's Rainbow Bird digi, came quickly to mind.
I also grabbed a sentiment set from the store called Springtime Blessings. I re-sized two of the sentiments to sit in the clouds. Speaking of clouds, I used the Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Nestabilities to create the look of my image sitting in a cloud of its own. I colored the rainbow and birdie with my copics and added some glaze with a Sakura pen, though that's not very evident in the photo.
I sure hope this brings some colorful, springtime happiness to someone who may be only seeing dreary, cloudy days! For some extra happiness of your own, be sure you head over to the Sweet 'n Sassy shop and check out ALL the new digis. If you're ready for some rainbow colors, there are at least two new digis featuring rainbows!
BTW, those are not gourmet jelly beans in the jar in the photo. There weren't enough of those left. Yikes, you know what that means!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa this is absolutely adorable! I love it and I'm sure whom ever you give it to will also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute project, Lisa! Great thinking to use the rainbow image with the jelly beans, and I really like how you put greetings in the clouds.

    ReplyDelete