Friday, March 12, 2010

Keep Truckin'



Happy Friday everyone!

I don't know about you but I never seem to have enough cards for boys. When Korin released "Keep Truckin'", I had to have this all around great digi stamp. Yes, at first glance this digi stamp screams "boys" but I know a couple of girls that love trucks. I'm thinking a pink truck would be perfect for a girl card.

For today, however, I created this card with boys in mind. I've also been on a bold, bright color kick lately. Perfect combination for a boy card :-). After I colored the truck with my Copics, I grabbed my scrap basket and pulled out some scraps. Punched out several squares with my punch, layered onto larger card stock squares then adhered four of these onto the card base which already had different colored panels attached to it. Last I added the image panel.

I love how the box part of the truck is large enough to add any of the sentiments that come with this set. Of course I thought of this after I had the truck all completed. Instead of printing the sentiment inside of the box part of the truck, I printed it separately and used my ticket punch. Sponged some ink across the punched out sentiment to blend it in and popped it inside the box with a pop-up glue dot.

Another awesome digi stamp that was so much fun to play with. If you haven't stopped by the store lately, you really need to check it out. And be sure to share your creations with us!

1 comment:

  1. What a darling truck! The bright colors are just awesome on this card and I've been kind of ready to see some bright colors for a change. Great idea to raid the scrap basket. Mine gets too full!

    ReplyDelete