Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cookies and Cocoa


I had a couple of coworkers who had birthdays last week, and cookies make a great little birthday treat when a whole cake is just a little too much. Now, I have to admit that I didn't make these cookies from scratch. I used one of those Nestle Tollhouse cookie tubs (pre-mixed cookie dough), but I did make sure I gave them a taste test before giving any as gifts (wink).

I found instructions for making these criss-cross boxes thinking they would be perfect for holding and displaying the cookies. Since I needed two, I decided to coordinate the packaging. This way I can utilize all the scraps. I made tags and paper flowers from the scraps, too.

And, yes, Cocoa had to make an appearance at this birthday celebration!


Actually, I grabbed two sets from Sweet N Sassy for these projects. I appropriately used Cookies for Cocoa for my main image. For the sentiments, I used Sweet Birthday Wishes. A little cellophane and some ribbons and these were ready to make someone's birthday especially sweet!

Oops! So sorry if you were looking for green or St. Patrick's Day inspiration. My Irish must be in remission right now!

Well, spring has sprung around here and I still have some days left in my spring break. I'm definitely getting out for a walk to enjoy the wildflowers and sunshine. I know many of you have not seen much of warm, sunny days lately, but I truly hope your turn is coming soon! In the meantime, grab a sweet image that makes you smile and have some fun coloring and creating!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is adorable I love it. I love the color of the DP and the design of the 'box', I've never seen it like that. Awesome!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this, Lisa!! What a great way to make somebody feel appreciated on their birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. What a thoughtful thing to do. Thanks you for becoming a follower on my blog.

    ReplyDelete