Friday, March 26, 2010

For the man I love....

My husband and I joke every year around Father's Day that he needs a Robot. A robot that could do all those chores and odd jobs which would free up his time to do what he wants to do which is work on his fine scale models. Until then, he always jokingly tells me that he is my robot, obeying my ever wish. (Don't let him fool you, lol)

I couldn't resist creating this card which he will get on Father's Day:



Not only is this digital stamp "Robot" totally adorable, masculine yet cute, it was drawn by Korin's son, Aston! I am in awe of everyone that can draw but I am really, really in awe when the artist is still in grade school!

I really enjoyed 'playing' with this "Robot" and immediately knew that I wanted to use this metal-looking designer paper that I've had in my stash with this digital stamp. I also played with all the different gray colored copics. The neutrals, the toner gray and the warm grays. I tend to always use cool grays, and was determined to have fun and try them all. Which I did as you can tell :-).

Both of my sentiments are from "Sentiments for Him" which is a great digital sentiment stamp set. I printed the sentiments on regular weight paper. Using a circle punch I punched each sentiment out and then glued it on top of a chipboard circle. The natural color of the chipboard matched the grays in the Robot so I left them 'au naturale'. Once the glue had dried, I used a nail file to sand along the edges! Works like a charm, except I got a little carried away on one of the circles.

I'm really happy with this card! Actually because of the inside joke my husband and I share, this card makes me chuckle. I can't wait to see his face when he gets it. I had so much fun coloring this adorable Robot, that I have several more waiting for me to color. I am thinking a pink Robot for Gracie and a purple Robot for Emma! And who am I to argue with a two year and a six year old!

Make sure to stop by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps because there are so many new digital stamps! I'm talking cute, furry things, birds and oh, are there any bakers? Better hurry and check ALL the awesome digital stamps out. You're going to want them all! :-).

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I don't even have the toner grays but now I want some! Your husband sounds like a real sweetie! The embossing folder you chose is so perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micki, this card is REALLY neat! I love your tone on tone grays! That diamond plate metal paper is awesome, and just perfect for that image! Beautiful job!!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete