Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sweet 'n Sassy Campsite

My card today was made for a friend's teenage son. So, my normal flowery, foo foo card wouldn't work so well. I need to preface this with the fact that these are our camping buddies, so this card is perfect for their son...

Stamps: Campsite (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Upsy Daisy (SU!)
Paper: River Rock (Provo Craft), Always Artichoke, Basic Black
Ink: Ink jet printer, Copics
Accessories: Seed grass, Adhesive Bubble Icon (JoAnn)


I colored by image with copics, and added Copics gold Spica pen for the moon and the stars to make them shine. This digi makes me long for summer. We love to camp with our friends, and we can't wait for camping season again.


I normally like to use flowers, but for a teenage boy, flowers just would not do. However, I wanted some kind of embellishment. I had this seed grass in my stash, so I took a piece of the seed grass, cut it into approximately 1-1/2 inch pieces, and then glued them to the card, covering the glue with this acrylic bubble icon.


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great Tuesday!


4 comments:

  1. Love it!! Very well done on a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, that is a fantastic teen boy card! The grass is the perfect touch...so smart! Great coloring, too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a wonderful and perfect card for a teen boy!! This really makes me ready for some summer camping fun, too. My boys are all grown up, but we have great memories of camping together at the lake! Beautifully done card, Julie!!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, what a fantastic card. I love your coloring and adding the seed grass is perfect. Love it.

    ReplyDelete