Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Old Rugged Cross

The card I am posting today features this beautiful digi stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called Old Rugged Cross.


Here is my card...


Stamp: Old Rugged Cross, Rejoice in the Lord (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: DCWV
Ink: Ink jet printer, Copics
Accessories: Branch punch, Prima's Flowers, organza ribbon, Spellbinders dies, Large oval punch (SU!)


The idea behind this card was the majesty of Jesus. I really wanted to portray His royalty, that He is the King, so I chose purples and golds. Unfortunately, I am a little late for Easter, but He is the King every day, so it still works.

I worked with blending the colors to get just the right purple, using W1 and W3 as blending tools. I also used several browns for the cross to give it some dimension.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Julie, such a beautiful card. And you are so right, He is King every day so this card is not late at all. I love how you used the Nesties frame, and the flower on the ribbon. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this digi, Julie, and your card is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card itis so beautiful. I am so thankful every day for the sacrifice that Christ gave to save me and forgive me. I long to honor Him in all that I say and do in my life. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the coloring. Super colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,
    The card is beautiful and you did a great job blending the colors.
    God Bless,
    Jeanine
    www.blstamper.blogspot.net

    ReplyDelete