Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Old Rugged Cross

I am so blessed to be joining the Sweet 'n Sassy digi team for the month of April. What a delight it is to work with these images! As tomorrow is Easter, I couldn't think of a more appropriate stamp to work with than "The Old Rugged Cross". Do you remember the song... "Oh the old rugged cross, so despised by the world, holds a wondrous attraction for me... For twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, to pardon and sanctify me." I am so thankful for His death and resurrection, and for the eternal life He offers to those who trust in Him!

I colored the cross with Copics and then cut out both the cross and the sentiment (from the digi-set,"Praying for You"), with a Labels 8 die. I sponged around the edges very lightly with Memento Desert Sand ink before I removed it from the frame. The designer paper is from TAC, and it's gorgeous, but I felt like it was missing something, so I did a little stitching - both with and without thread! - to give it some dimension. I finished it off with a few pearls and dewdrops, but I stayed away from a bow, because I didn't want to detract from the main image.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I pray you'll have a glorious day tomorrow worshiping our risen Saviour!! See you next Saturday!

Tricia

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card Tricia, I love the pearl accents and the sponging:)

    ReplyDelete