Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Short & Stubby = Lovable

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I wanted to share another card I created with that adorable and lovable "Nathaniel Gnome".

Short n Stubby Gnome

My inspiration for creating this card came from The Sweet Stop's sketch SSS51. A great sketch, except that I got so 'into it' that I forgot my red ribbon which was to go across the card under the image. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with how the card turned out.

"Nathaniel Gnome" is printed on Neenah Super Smooth card stock and then colored with Copics. In my usual way, I colored him first and then paired him with the DP. I am rather happy to say that I did not agonize over the exact color match between his shirt and the designer paper. I tend to do that, lol and have been known to waste precious crafting time looking for just the right paper. My DP is from DCWV called Green Woodland Toadstools. The moment I saw it, I knew it would go perfectly with the adorable gnome.

The sentiment is from "Gnome Sentiments" and I just have to say how wonderful digital sentiments are. Although I have Photoshop, I tend to use MS Word for my digital stamps. I sized the sentiment to 1 inch, printed it out on white card stock and then used my circle punch to punch it out. So easy and so quick. I don't know about you, but there used to be so many times that I had a rubber stamp sentiment but it was the wrong size. I'm sure you can relate, right?

I hope you enjoyed my gnome card. The first thing my husband said when he saw the card (can you guess?) "Travelocity", lol.

And don't forget, tomorrow is Thursday which means it's Digi Day over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Group on SNR and PCP. Deedee will be your hostess at SNR and Kim will be hosting at PCP. Stop by to get all the details of the challenge, prizes and to participate in the friendly conversation.

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. The mushroom paper is so perfect with this little guy!He looks so cheery and happy with those pretty flowers and all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete