Saturday, April 10, 2010

Feel Better Cocoa!


How are you feeling today? With all of the spring sicknesses going around, I'm sure that this card using Get Well Cocoa is probably for a lot of you from all of us here at Sweet 'n Sassy!

I printed out my little Cocoa Mouse and the sentiment on Georgia Pacific #110 cardstock from WalMart - and actually filled in the rest of the page with other images I'm going to use this month. :-) After I colored him with Copics... (E31, E33, E41, R20, BG10, YG91, YG95, W5, T3, Colorless Blender), I cut and embossed him with a Large Oval Nestibilities Die, and then sponged a bit of ink around him before I removed him from the frame. The brown mats are Soft Suede cardstock and the designer paper is from Cosmo Cricket.

With all the sketches and challenges and whatnot that are on the internet today, I think we sometimes forget that keeping our cards simple and mailable is OK. You can still add a few brads, some eyelets or some stitching, and even a piece of ribbon, but try making a card and actually *sending* it this week. You'll be glad you did, and so will the person who receives it!! :-)

See you next Saturday!

Blessings!

Tricia

4 comments:

  1. Tricia-
    I luv you!! I always wonder what people do with those uber-embellished cards!?!
    I love embellies as much as anyone else, but I love to actually send my cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel better already just looking at this cute little guy! You did a beautiful job of coloring him in, and I love it that the image takes the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Tricia, and I'm very guilty of NOT keeping it simple, so I loved your example and reminder of how a wonderful and uplifting card can be made simply beautiful!!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete