Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gnome Sweet Gnome

Have I ever told you that I have a thing for gnomes? I think they're pretty darn cute and I really love them in stamp form. Turns out they live in pretty cute houses too! And did you know that Sweet 'n Sassy has not only a gnome house digi image but also has a cute little gnome and gnome sentiments too??! Here are the links to all three:

Gnome Home
Gnome Sentiments
Nathaniel Gnome
(of course we named him!)

For today's card I started with my sweet gnome house, which was colored with Copic markers. My chocolate brown card base is layered with this fabulous orange polka dot paper from Jillibean Soup along with a sweet woodsey scrap of paper I had hidden in my stash. I opted for cutting out my gnome home and then used foam tape to layer it onto a piece of embossed kraft cardstock. To finish off my card, I added some smoke in the chimney but using a piece of cotton, the sentiment, a bow, and a button.

And do you know where the layout came from? It's this week's Sweet Stop sketch challenge! This week The Sweet Stop is celebrating its one year anniversary! Check out the challenge details here...You could win 10 free digis!!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!!

4 comments:

  1. Awww Kim, I love it. Yup, love the gnome and all things 'gnome', lol.

    Awesome card. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Kim!! I love how you colored the windows especially, so it gives the feel that somebody's home. Very sweet! I, too, think gnomes are very fun. And let's face it -- what's not to like about magical mushroom houses -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I love all the elements, and the papers work so well with that image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card. Gnomes are really cool to me. I had to get the digi's as soon as I saw them. Love them.

    ReplyDelete