Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Planes and Butterflies

So I am back to health, completed my half marathon (walked it) and have come through as promised. Since I didn't have something new for you last week, I made up for that and also made my as planned new card for this week. So first up is my make-up from last week.

I have loved the Little Boy Toys set since I first saw it...how can you not love the little plane and rocket in the set (and then there is a truck too!). I watercolored my plane and added a little silver gel pen accents. I then cut it out and popped it up over top of a sky of shades of blue scallops. The card was then finished with the stamped greeting in the corner, ribbon, and a button with a little silver cording.

The second card I have for you today uses the current Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #74 (with a spin of Deep Red and Mustard colors) and the ever beautiful set, Everyday Miracles. I know I have said it before, but I love the butterflies in this set! Once again a I watercolored the butterfly so that it went from a deep red to orange to mustard yellow. This was then cut out and popped up on a circle that I randomly stamped the same butterfly in the three colors. Then I stamped the greeting and set it off with a scalloped circle and some black rhinestones.

See you back here next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment