Saturday, September 18, 2010

Beautiful Sihouettes

Good Morning!  I hope you all had a fantastic week and that the weekend holds good things for you.  Today's card I have to share with you is part of my collection of cards that I'm doing lately called "One Postage Stamp, Please."  These are cards that contain no bumpies that require extra postage when mailing.  I am doing this collection of cards to send to Operation Write Home.


This card features a stamp set that I love so much!  It's called Serene Sihouettes and its perfect for the technique that I wanted to try.  Using some glossy white card stock, baby wipes and re-inkers I created this sunrise background.  Then stamped over that with Memento Tuxedo Black.  The cool thing about stamping on glossy card stock is that the ink doesn't dry quickly so I used clear embossing powder and my heat gun to set the ink.

I know that there are many challeges around that are sponsoring for Operation Write Home.  Help our soldiers stay in touch with their families, especially now because the Holiday Season is quickly approaching.  If you do join in this effort, please remember to not use glitter on your cards.

Have a great weekend.  Thank you for stopping by!
Many hugs & blessings,
Melissa

1 comment: