Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sweet Melodies

Good morning! I hope you have all had a fantastic week, and that you have all stayed safe and warm in the cold weather.

Today, I am sharing a card I made with "Melody of Love". I fell in love with this image as soon as I saw it! I have always loved the violin. It is an instrument I have always wanted to learn to play. Actually, I did take lessons for a short time in high school, but my busy homework schedule just didn't allow for the time I needed to pour into the lessons. Sigh. See, I'm not exactly musically inclined. My husband is though...he has been involved in music since childhood. He is one of the worship leaders at our church, and I love to listen to him play and/or sing. Perhaps someday I'll try to get back into lessons...I guess you're never to old to learn something new. I have my own violin too...well, my grandmother had given me my grandfather's very old violin. It is in major need of repairs though!

I suppose you probably would like to see the card though, right?? I printed "Melody of Love" on Neenah cardstock and coloured with my Copic markers. I cut the image out with Nestabilities, and then sponged around the edges with Distress Inks while it was still in the the die. There are some beautiful sentiments that come with this image, however I chose just to use this little metal embellishment that I found at the dollar store.

Don't forget that Thursdays are Digi Day over at our SNR group. Korin is our hostess today, and she has put forth the challenge "So Sweet". Well, my card does not feature a "sweet" that is tasty however, I think of the sweet music that the violin produces...when played by a skilled musician. I could just sit for hours and listen.
So, head on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy store to pick up some brand new images and then hop over to SNR to get in on the fun!
Blessings!

Melanie

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stamps "Melody of Love"
Ink: Copic markers, Distress Inks
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Bo Bunny
Embellishments: Dollar store trinket, ribbon
Tools: Spellbinders Labels 8

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! That's great image to begin with and you did an amazing job with the coloring and coordinating all the papers. Simply bea-u-ti-ful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I am still totally in awe over your amazing talent. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete