Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sweet and Froggy

What a fun month and so many fantastic digis to play with! I've got a couple of projects to share with you on my last post as a guest designer for Sweet n Sassy Digis. My head is still spinning from trying to decide what fantastic images to use. There are just so many to choose from!
There's this widow at our church that my husband has a soft spot for, so I wanted to put together a little something sweet he could give her for Easter. I think he will enjoy giving it to her more than she'll enjoy the gift itself but then that's usually the case with gift giving. I created a candy bar wrap for a one of those large chocolate bars.
I used the Christ Arose set which has this beautiful image, the sentiment I used, plus several other sentiments. I know the robes on the cross are usually colored with royal purple, but I wanted to use the scarlet to symbolize the blood that was shed on the cross. I colored the image with my copics and prisma pencils. There's no real trick to the wrap. I just measured the candy bar and scored my card stock appropriately. I used a velcro closure to keep it closed.
The Thursday Digi Day Challenge at SNR this week was "silly for stripes". I love these challenges but just have a very hard time getting them finished on Thursday. It's that day job I have that's slowing me down! Anyway, a day late and a dollar short, I wanted to show you the card I created for the challenge.
This card uses the Fenton Frog image which you can pick up for less than a dollar and that's a lot of cute for less than a buck. There's lots of texture on this one. You can't tell it very well in the picture but the floral paper has glazed flowers on it, the prima flowers have chunky glitter on them, and the ribbon is fringed.
Can you believe February is gone? Spring will be here before we know it, so keep coloring all those beautiful flowers to tide us over until the real thing arrives!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your chocolate wrapper Lisa, its absolutely beautiful and I'm sure will be much admired and appreciated! And little Fenton frog always makes me smile, that DP is amazing!
    It's been lovely seeing all your fab creations over the past month, thanks for sharing them all!
    Lynne
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa both cards are beautiful. I will have to say I think Fenton is my favorite. I love the colors/papers and the design. My mouth dropped as I got to him. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete