Friday, February 5, 2010

Early Bird gets the worm....

Happy Friday Sweet 'n Sassy stampers.

With all the excitement of SNS Digi Day at SNR yesterday, seeing ALL of the February digis at the store, I was super excited to play with Deedee's "Early Bird" digi stamp.



You know, it dawned on me that I really had no clue exactly what color baby birds are! It's not like I have never seen baby birds, trust me..... we have soooo many birds around our house but for some reason the moment I picked up my Copics, my brain went blank. Does that ever happen to you?

I tried something a little different as far as copic color combinations for the big bird. I laid down a base of R17, used R59 for the shadows and areas that I wanted darker, went over those same areas with E09 and then took E13 all over, pushing the darker reds towards the lines. Never be afraid to experiement, especially with markers.
I also used this weeks sketch from The Sweet Stop for my card design and it worked out wonderfully!!!

If you stopped by yesterday, you know about the exciting news that Sweet 'n Sassy has gone 100% digital. That means if you go to the store, you get to see ALL .... that's right, like a whole bunch of new cute, adorable and beautiful digi stamps. What are you waiting for..... head over to Sweet 'n Sassy and check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Micki, I love the color of that cardstock, especially paired with the brown. And the embossing is perfect for this image. This turned out really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micki, this is so cute! Love that brown ribbon! Fantastic job yesterday over on SNR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card Micki, love the embossing to match your image andthe punched leaves!
    And now that you mention it, no I've no idea what colour baby birdies are!!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Micki, and I too love the embossing that matches the image! Just perfect!!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete