Friday, February 19, 2010

Clean & Simple, One Mistake and some Elegance

Happy Friday everyone.

I love candles. To me, the soft glow from the light of a candle create a feeling of tranquility, peace and coziness. I was excited to see the Lights of Home and Lights Sentiment digi sets.



I confess that this card is a quick & simple card. I used some DP scraps from my scrap basket and white card stock. The candle image is printed onto Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth card stock and colored with Copics.

My next card was actually my first card I worked on. I followed this weeks Sweet Stop Sketch. And in the end I just wasn't happy with it. It looks lopsided, but thought I'd let you guys see it anyway :-).



My last card is one of my favorites. I already featured it on my blog but wanted to share it here too.



I used the bells from the Wedding Day digi set double stacked them to create a dimensional effect. I love doing that, it really does add such dimension which you can see in the close-up below.



Before getting ready for this post, I jumped over to Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and 'oohhhed' and 'aahhed'. Seriously, have YOU seen the latest digi stamps? That Asian Doll digi has my name all over it, lol.... You guys have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to stop back here tomorrow for some inspiration from our guest DT, Lisa Jurecek.

4 comments:

  1. What lovely cards, Micki!!! I don't think the middle one looks lopsided at all. Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to see what you do with the Asian Doll :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Micki! Love how you coloured the flame effect on your candles! (And the middle one doesn't look lopsided to me ... but then again I'm used to mine looking like that! LOL!)
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still looking for the mistake! Three gorgeous cards is all I see. The bells are my fave...so elegant. Though I do love the coloring you did on those candles!

    ReplyDelete