Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spring Crafting

Spring cleaning....Yuk! But, spring crafting is another thing altogether! I've got three spring fresh projects to share with you today and then I'm off to do a little shopping (another springtime favorite).
First up is a little project I made for my nephew who had a birthday this month. I used the SNS set Early Bird for a little "tongue-in-cheek" gag gift that I hope gives him a little chuckle even if it is kind of corny!
On the card's inside it reads "So I thought I'd bring you dinner!" Now what fourteen year old wouldn't crave a bucket of worms! To match the gummy worms in the bucket, I used red and green stickles on the worm in the bird's mouth. Scrumptious!
Last year we were gripped by a horrible drought and basically had no spring. I really missed seeing the beautiful wildflowers on the sides of the road. This year, thanks to winter rains, should be much more colorful, but to help with the flower crop, I put together this little gift packet of flower seeds.Here's the inside:
I used the Springtime Blessings Sentiment set inside and Kate Planting on the outside. This is tied closed with a bow. The image is colored with copics and prisma pencils.
I wish I were Kate. I'm ready to dig up all the plants killed by the freeze and put a whole fresh crop of plants in the ground....soon!
Finally, I want to share a bookmark I made with the very beautiful Bible image. The scripture is John 3:16. The Bible is surrounded by lovely Easter Lilies. These bookmarks would make great gifts for a Bible study group or Sunday school class. I colored the image with copics and prisma pencils and cut out the image with Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities. Then, I mounted it on the bookmark after adding some patterned paper and a little sewing.
If the winter blahs have you down, be sure to head over to Sweet n Sassy for a Springtime pick-me-up! You'll be feeling warm and sunny in no time at all with all the crafting you can do with these adorable and inexpensive digital stamps and stamp sets. Even if it's not time to put flowers in the ground, it's never too early to put some on a card!

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, your projects are fabulous as always! I love the first card with the bucket of worms!! How clever of you and I am sure your nephew will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that 'bucket of worms'..... although I love all your projects. The bookmark is my favorite though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, your work is fantastic! I love the way you color your digi stamps. Kate Planting is terrific! I think I will hop on over to SNS Digi Shop. You have sold me on several images, especialy Cocoa. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool cards and I love your 'matching' bucket of worms ... that's totally hilarious! Bet your nephew loved it!

    ReplyDelete