Friday, February 26, 2010

Good Friday everyone!

Today I am going to share several cards with you.

I knew the moment I saw Leah's Asian Doll and Cherry Blossom Branch, that I was going to feature these digital stamps this week.




Everything went well until it was time to assemble the card... and then I got a little too ink happy along the edges of the Cherry Blossom Branch panel.

Both images colored with Copics. I used my Spellbinder Nesties labels to cut out the Cherry Blossom Branch but didn't have enough white space around my Asian Doll to use the same label die (only smaller) which is why the Asian Doll is just a plain rectangle. I used chalk ink to ink around the edges of both image panels and then could not decide how I wanted the images to be laid out on the card. I saw it in my head, just couldn't get it to coordinate on the card. I'm still not all that happy with it.

Because I was not happy with it and I had fussed with it all evening long, I decided to do a quick & simple card. I've had "Ollie Owl" colored for a while. And I must admit, this uber simple card made me feel a little better.



Since I had this DP paper from my previous card all ready, I just slapped it onto a white card base. I used my Nesties to emboss the label die into the card front, using the DP panel to center it. I attached "Ollie Owl " with foam squares and voila, I felt somewhat better, lol.

Oh and drop by our SNR group, the Digi Day challenge is open until Monday morning, so you still have plenty of time to play along.

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous, Micki! It's so great to see Ollie. I have yet to use him although I've had him printed out for a long time :). Great job on coloring him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Micki...both these cards are fantastic!! Your inking is just fine on the branch...gives it a beautiful aged look. I really love the kimono...great paper choices on this card!

    Ollie is fantastic...love the feathered look you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micki, both cards are perfect!! I love what you did with the cherry branch and the doll, your coloring is fantastic and paper choices are great. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Micki,
    Both cards are beautiful.
    Love the colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are WONDERFUL, Micki!! The color combos you used are terrific. The embossing on the owl card is lovely, and it's really neat how you got Ollie the Owl to look feathered -- I'm still trying to figure that out!

    ReplyDelete