Thursday, February 4, 2010

A "Little" Something Special...or two!!

First thing's first...did you see Sweet 'n Sassy's big news this week??!! We're going all digital! We helped Korin celebrate this announcement with a blog hop on Monday...you can still scroll down to Monday's post to visit all the DT's blogs to see their creations...wow, they were incredible! What a talented bunch of ladies! Speaking of the DT...we GREW!!! (let me clarify that we grew in NUMBERS, not by pant size... lol) So much excitement this week already, and would you believe there is more?? Korin has decided to release all the February digis, and a few of the March images today! Yup, go take a look at the store...so many adorable images! Also, you will need to keep your eyes on the store, because Korin will be releasing new digis frequently. My advice is to check daily!

So what does all this mean for our "Digi Day Thursdays"? Since there will be daily new releases, we will now have a challenge day on SNR every Thursday! The first Thursday of the month will feature a "prize" challenge. We hope you will play along on the other Thursdays too, because Korin will be on the lookout for our Guest Designers and Spotlight Customers from the participants! Today, our hostess over on SNR is Micki! The challenge....USE THOSE BUTTONS!!

Whew...oh yeah, I have a couple of cards too! (hope you've stuck with me this long!)


The first card I made, is a teeny little 4x4 notecard. I LOVE little cards...I'm always drawn to them in stores! I used the adorable "Benjamin Bunny", printed him off on Neenah cardstock and coloured him with my Copic markers. I kept the layout really simple, and just layered him on some coloured cardstock and My Mind's Eye DP.


My second card was made with our SNR challenge in mind! This new image is "One of a Kind". Again, I printed it off on Neenah and coloured with Copic markers. The sky was sponged in with a make-up sponge and a hand-cut cloud template. I think the DP here is from Fancy Pants. This little birdie just makes me giggle! Being different isn't necessarily a bad thing...after all God made each of us unique! We should celebrate who He made us...but at the same time, be willing to be shaped and molded into who He wants us to become!




So, I hope your day will include a stop by SNR to participate in the chatting and challenge! I hope to stop by there later after work. I hope you all have a fantastic, blessed day!!

Melanie

2 comments:

  1. wow, you never cease to amaze me. Both cards are absolutely adorable and again, your coloring..... amazing. I love the turquoise colors and I wish I had your knack for writing.....lo hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just amazing with your Copic markers.
    Beautiful cards.

    Roxx.T

    ReplyDelete