Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year & Two New Digis!

Happy New Year's Eve! It's so hard to believe that tomorrow is not only the the start of a new year, but of a totally new DECADE!! I hope you have fun and safe evening planned for tonight to celebrate!

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has a lot of fun in store for you all in the new year, starting with two new digis this week. One is the adorable "Baby New Year" that Korin shared with you on Tuesday. The other is "Love Birds", illustrated by Leah Cornelius, which I used on my card for today. Aren't these birds just the sweetest pair? The saying on my card is from the Valentine Sentiments set that was released last week. All of these new digis are available in the online store today.

To make my card, I used the sketch from this week's "Mojo Monday" challenge. I have to say that I love sketch challenges -- they make crafting so easy!! I colored the image with Prismacolor markers, and decorated the card with some cheery papers from the Green Stack by DCWV, a few punched leaves and Dew Drops, and this fun, red rosette I found in my embellishment stash. (For some reason the rosette looks a bit blob-ish in the photo, but it looks pretty in person -- honest -- LOL!)

Starting tomorrow, our new Digi DT members will be postinghere, as well as our January Guest Designers. I hope you will stop back frequently to see all the fun things they have to share with you. Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Deedee! This is beautiful! I love the shading on the birds...so pretty!

    Have a terrific New Years!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Deedee, I love your card. I totally love the red background (outline). These birds are just awesome..... hugs

    ReplyDelete