Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Little Old, A Little New!

How many are still recovering from the Christmas holidays?? Don't get me wrong, I truly love this season, and celebrating the birth of Jesus! But, it is a busy time with all the baking, hosting, shopping...phew! I made my first turkey this year...a 25 lb beast it was! I am happy to report that it turned out pretty good. I have to admit though, I was nervous about it!

So, the title of my post talks about the old and the new. I thought that along with a card featuring the new digi release for this week, I would also post a card with an "older" image. First up, we'll have "Be Mine Cocoa". I get so excited each time I see a new Cocoa image! Please keep them coming Korin!!

Can you believe it's already time to start thinking about Valentine's Day? I decided to make a smaller card this week, and used my scalloped Nestabilities to make a shaped card. I paper pieced the envelope, which had to be done a little differently with a digital stamp! I printed out a copy of the image on plain paper and used it as a template to trace on the DP I planned to use. I popped up Cocoa's head, as well as the little heart on the envelope. The "XOXO" sentiment is part of the Valentine Sentiments, which was also released this week.



Up next, we have Feel Better Paulie. This digi was released back in November. I also used a sentiment from Get Well Wishes. I couldn't help myself...I HAD to use some real tissue in poor Paulie's box! I just poked a little hole, and pushed some tissue up from behind. I also coated his water bottle and thermometer with Glossy Accents.



Here's a closeup of Paulie (you can see the tissue better in this pic!):


You may have noticed that Sweet 'n Sassy announced their Digi DT last week. I would just like to say a big THANK YOU for the opportunity to be a part of this team. These ladies are all so very talented, and I feel honoured to work alongside them! Congrats to all the other DT members!

Have a blessed day!

Melanie

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are FABULOUS!!! I am so glad we get to keep you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, girl those are awesome cards. Your coloring is fabulous. Love love love Feel Better Paulie.... I'm on a Teal color kick for some reason, lol Both cards are wonderful and now I'm getting really really nervous, lol.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are fabby! love the colors as well as the coloring! and the digis are as cute as can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, I LOVE your coloring!! You're such an inspiration!! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us!

    Love and hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute!! I love how you used REAL tissue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS these are just lovely! Paulie really looks good being sick! Must be those Copics! HA! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete