Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cocoa's Mittens Gift Set

Good morning Sweet 'N Sassy Digi Stampers! I am just thrilled to be a part of this talented group of ladies! I'd like to start off by saying thank you to Korin and Sandy for inviting me to be a guest designer. I feel so blessed by this opportunity, and look forward to sharing these fabulous images with all of you!




For my first project as a guest designer, I have used Cocoa's Mittens. How adorable is this little mouse? I just love him! I decided to make a little gift set including a regular 6x6 card, and a tall card with interior pockets to hold a set of hand-warmers! My hands are always so cold, and I love sticking these warmers into my mittens when we plan to be outside in the winter.




One of the reasons I love these digital stamps is the option to print them off in different sizes. This creates so many possibilities for coordinating gift sets! Sometimes, an actual stamp (be it clear or rubber) is just too big, and I've often found myself wishing I had a smaller version. Enter Digi Stamps! I was able to print Cocoa's Mittens just a bit smaller for the gift holder. For the larger image on the card, I printed off a few copies of Cocoa so I could pop up his head and the top mitten for dimension. Those sentiments are part of the Digi Set Mitten Sentiments...just perfect for this stamp! There are three different sentiments in this set.


Here's a closeup of Cocoa. I printed all the images off on Neenah cardstock and coloured them with Copic markers. I used a variety of Spellbinders on this project. Although it is difficult to see in the pictures, the cuffs of the mittens and the star are quite sparkly, as they received a coat of Frosted Lace Stickles.


I hope you all have a terrific day! (and stay warm!!)


Blessings,


Melanie

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Melanie!!! These are AMAZING and your coloring?!....I am speechless!!! We are thrilled to have you will us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the "hair" on the mouse and it's such a great touch! Whoo Hoo!!!! Can't wait to see all you create this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! I love the hand warmer idea too, my hands are always freezing:) Your coloring is fabulous, the mouse really looks furry;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally adorable, MELANIE!!!!! Awesome coloring, don't you just LOVE copics??? ME TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable! I love the blue colors adn you really made this little guy look so soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Melanie - this is gorgeous. Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous gift set, Melanie! I really like the color scheme you used and your amazing coloring. The mouse looks SO cute all furry like that!

    ReplyDelete