Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Cat's Meow

Good morning to all! I hope this post finds you all healthy, happy and getting ready to celebrate this Christmas season. I love this cute digi image called Sleepy Kitty, which was released last week. We have three cats...yes three! They all love to find a basket or box to curl up in. Often times, one of them "helps" me out when I'm making cards. Of course "helping" usually means stepping all over my papers, scattering my various card parts and just generally making a mess of things!

I found this fabulous "kitty" themed paper by Rhonna Farrer at one of my local stores. I loved the colours in this paper! I paired it up with several matching shades of Bazzill cardstock. I also made use of Spellbinders and a Martha Stewart punch on this card. Notice how kitty is curled up in this basket full of yarn. I thought it would be fun to carry these balls of yarn over into the embellishments. These 3 balls are just rough circles cut from cardstock, coated with Glossy Accents and wrapped with embroidery floss. The sentiment is part of the patterned paper matted on a Ribbon Tag from Spellbinders.



The image was printed off on Neenah cardstock and coloured with Copics.


Hop on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy store to pick up some of the great Digi stamps available. There is a great sale on now, so don't miss out!

Hope you all have a wonderful day,

Melanie

6 comments:

  1. Melanie, YOUR CARDS are the cat's meow! WOW, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Melanie!! This is amazing!!! Your coloring is absolutely fabulous and those balls of yarn?! How do you come up with this stuff?? JUST AWESOME :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I love your coloring and the paper is a perfect fit with the image, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Melanie, this is absolutely beautiful. I love your coloring, and the balls of yarn ...... Just absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Melanie -- this is incredible!! Your coloring is terrific -- look at how detailed the kitty's fur is. And I love those little balls of yarn -- such a wonderfully creative accent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie! This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete