Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Table Favors

I just love sentiment stamps! I can't ever get enough of them because I always want something really special to put on my card or gift. Sweet N Sassy has some beautiful sentiments--beautiful messages and beautiful script. But hold your breath because you are just going to have to have the sentiments in the new clear stamp releases coming out September 1. Usually, I put the sentiment on the inside of the card and then never take a picture of that, but I created a special sneak peak of a new set called Blessings and Thanks with one of the sentiments from this set clearly visible.
Isn't that an awesome message? I told you you were going to have to have this set, but you have to wait a few more days to see the whole set. Take my word for it, they are all so special.
I think these little favor bags with this sentiment would be perfect for a Thanksgiving table setting, but also what a way to lift someone up. I wanted to create some texture so instead of using regular cardstock for the sentiment, I used some watercolor paper. This provided great texture with the added sponging around the edges. In weak imitation of the fabulous Darsie Bruno, queen of pearls, I added a few copic-colored pearls around the stamped sentiment. I colored some seam binding to create a custom-colored ribbon treatment and added the flower which a dear friend gave me for my birthday. Inside I used some tulle to wrap up a few Hershey's nuggets.
Just a little FYI for all of you: Be sure to check out the blogs of the design team as well as this blog to see more sneak peeks of the September SNS release. Also, there will be a big blog hop on August 31 and along the way you find some fun challenges which could lead to your winning one of the new clear stamp releases.  Don't ya just love the suspense!!!
Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning! and what away to set a Thanksgiving table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Lisa! You did a fabulous job with the pearls and wowzers do you know how to set the table :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just Beautiful Lisa. The colors are so warm and the pearls are perfect. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love sentiments! Pretty paper and gorgeous flower and ribbon embellishments! :o)

    ReplyDelete