Friday, August 6, 2010

Thank You Poppies...


Hello! I am Monika, and I am so ecstatic to be one of the Sweet 'n Sassy Guest Divas for the month of August! Thank you Kim and Korin for this awesome opportunity!


I love flowers so when I saw Poppies and Greetings clear stamp set, I just had to try it! I love how this set has so many different greetings, covering a number of occasions.

I used fairly basic colors (red, green and black) for my card... you can't go wrong with these. I also used my favorite tools: Spellbinders dies, Martha Stewart border punch, and Tim Holtz embossing folder. The image was colored with Copic Markers. I stamped the poppies on a piece of scrap paper... cut them out so I can attach them on top of my main image with dimensional tape. With just a little bit of cutting, you can do wonders for your card. I used sponge daubers to do some distressing and sponging. I love ribbons, so of course I had to add that to my card, using my sewing machine. I am a typical girl so blings are a must! It is so easy to make your card sparkle with some rhinestones.

Hope you enjoy this set as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Monika

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Monika!! Wowie :)! We are thrilled to have you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the layering and the embossing! This is just fabulous, Monika!

    ReplyDelete