Thursday, July 29, 2010

Books to Read

I love to read. Hence, the reason I've become a librarian. I have lots of friends who like to read as well, so I was playing around with an idea for a little gift for book lovers. Here's what I came up with.
I took a little spiral bound notebook (I think someone gave me this one, but they are probably less than a dollar a piece at the store.) I covered the front with some pretty designer papers. Then, I wrapped a ribbon around it and added this adorable digi image from SNS called Milton Reading. What's not to love...a mouse, a flower, a book...perfection! I colored it with my copics, added the sentiment, and some colorful ribbons tied to the spiraled wire. Now, it's ready for me or a friend to fill with those books on my wish list. Yes, I probably will need all those pages for my wish list, though I'll never have the time to get to all of them! This would also be a cute way to tuck in a little gift card for Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.
Cheers!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Lovely idea and beautiful work! With all those ribbons it might not get lost either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!! I love it...I may just need to make this for a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, This is adorable! Great idea! I always have the names of books I want to read floating around on various pieces of scrap paper.

    ReplyDelete