Saturday, November 21, 2009

Knowing You Makes Every Day Sweeter!

I had a hard time with the lighting on my picture. You can't see the glitter on the snowflakes but they are shimmery and pretty. There's nothing, in my mind, better than soft gingerbread cookies during the Christmas season. I love baking them and spending time with my daughter decorating them. We have so much fun and are making memories with a family tradition I hope she carries on.

The new digis out this week in the Sweet 'n Sassy Store are so sweet! We have the beautiful Gingerbread House, cute Gingerbread Couple, and the perfect Gingerbread Sentiments! I hope you stop by the store and purchase these....they will make such wonderful cards, tags, scrapbook pages, etc. I plan to use the Gingerbread People for gift tags on my baked goods to friends and family!

One other cookie I really love are soft chewy Gingersnap cookies. Since the baking season officially starts for me next week, I'll be baking something every week until the end of the year, I thought I'd add a recipe. This recipe was passed along to me by a sweet friend and it's a delicious recipe!

Gingersnaps

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup sugar (for dipping)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream shortening, brown sugar, molasses and egg in large bowl. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, blending until mixed. Dough can be chilled for easy handling.
3. Shape the dough into balls the size of whole walnuts. Roll balls in sugar, place on baking sheet.

Bake 8-9 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool on sheet one minute before transferring to rack. Makes 3-4 dozen.

1 comment: