Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spring is Coming

Today is my first post as one of the February Guest Designers for Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  I am excited to be here and share my creations with you this month!  I will be posting a card/project each Saturday in February. 
For this card, I used the newly-released "Benjamin Bunny" stamp set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  I thought it would be fun to paper piece Benjamin.  To do this, I used three different coordinating papers.  I decided not to include the pot and flower that is a part of the Benjamin stamp.  I like the effect that the paper-piecing achieved.  In addition to Spring cards, I think Benjamin would also be cute on baby cards.  I made a "quilted" background by punching squares from patterned papers and mounting them onto a piece of card stock.  The papers used are So Saffron, Certain Celery, and Delicate Dots DSP by Stampin Up.  I placed Benjamin on the frame made from Nestabilities dies then stamped the coordinating sentiment.  I completed the card by adding pre-made flowers, ribbon, and a bunny charm.   

Head over the Sweet n Sassy store to see the new "Benjamin Bunny" stamp set, as well as, other new stamp releases.  See you again next Saturday- Claudine.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, great job with Benjamin! I alos love the way you pieced all of the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Claudine! I love the happy spring colors.

    ReplyDelete