Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gloooooorooroooroor-ria in excelsis Deo

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing ore the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains

That is exactly what I was singing when I made this card. This sweet Poinsettia Princess was another image released on Thursday. Isn't she the sweetest? When I saw this image it reminded me of the children in a Christmas pagent at church with their little face beeming as they waved to mom and dad in the audience. Now what got me to singing this particular song was the shawl on the girl's shoulders reminded me of angel wings.

For my card I used last year's Basic Grey Christmas designer paper and matted that on some red, kraft, and white cardstock. I used my EK success punch to create the side border in the image and then attached a prima poinsettia flower with a Basic Grey brad center. The image was colored up with copics and her dress, shawl, and collar have diamond stickles on it.

I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy all the festivities with friends and family that this month normally brings.
Hugs,
Mary

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! She's just Gorgeous!!!! All the pretty details on her and I agree....she reminds me of a girl singing in a Christmas choir at church nad her shawl does look a little like wings! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW, she is just beautiful, Mary! GLORIOUS! I LOVE that song, too, one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Mary!! Her dress is so pretty all dazzled up with glitter, and you used such a lovely combination of papers. Angels We Have Heard on High is my favorite Christmas hymn, and I can totally see why you thought of it in coloring this little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete